Are you considering signing your pup up for doggy day care in Perth and want to know all the do’s and don’ts first? Well, you have come to the right place! If you have ever asked yourself ‘Is doggy day care good for socialisation?’ the short answer is YES (among other benefits). Dog day care can be a big decision and sometimes a big financial decision as well. That’s why we want all our clients to know that it’s the right choice and can guarantee your dog will have a great time with us. Your pup can even look their best with our dog grooming service! Our qualified dog groomer is there for your convenience and only one of the many other services we can provide for you and your pup while in our care.
At PawPals, our staff are all canine experts and are trained in canine CPR. They have sat down and devised the perfect list of things to consider before enrolling your pup into day care.
The Do’s list:
1) Visit the doggy day care in Perth that you are interested in and check out the facility and staff before dropping your dog off for the first time. Not every day care centres in Perth focus on socialisation; that’s why we are different! We know each furry friend is different and some pups won’t love our day care (and that’s alright!). If your puppy is not enjoying their time with us, we will contact you to come and get them.
2) Mark your leash with your name and phone number. Sounds simple right? Well, we have a heft supply of leashes that our clients leave at our centre
3) De-worm and de-flea your dog regularly. We cannot stress this enough! This important for you and also for the health of the other doggies in our care. We will ask all clients a series of questions upon arrival to make sure all dogs are flea-free at PawPals.
4) Do your research. If you are asking yourself ‘how do I choose a doggie day care?’ we think research is the best way to go about it. We don’t want you to take our word for it (but we know we are the best day care centre in Perth!) and strongly advise you to look around and weigh up your options.
5) Keep your goodbyes quick and HAPPY. The longer you stay around, the longer your furry friend is going to engage with the goodbye. Keep things short, sweet and simple by dropping them off with a quick pat then heading off to get your day started!
So now the do’s are out of the way… It’s time to draw your attention to some things to avoid when picking a doggy day care in Perth. If you are still not sure about how to choose a doggie day care, then try to avoid doing any of the below.
The don’ts list:
1) Don’t put your face close to a dogs face at the day care. Despite most furry friends looking playful and friendly, you never really know their temperament. We advise you to give pats to only your dog to avoid any unwanted behaviour.
2) Don’t touch a dog you don’t know without asking the owner first. Typical dog courtesy applies here. If you wouldn’t do it in a park, don’t do it at a doggy day care in Perth.
3) Don’t think that doggy day care is a substitute for play and walks with you. Although your dog will get plenty of exercise and playtime, you are still their favourite person! So, make sure you always make time for them once you pick them up.
4) Don’t forget to keep up to date with your annual vaccinations. We are strict when it comes to vaccinations because it’s our business on the line.
If you want to know more about what to consider before enrolling your pup in day care, then feel free to give us a call! Contact us on 0433839729 for our Malaga day care centre or 0450358915 for our Bassendean centre. We are also happy to tell you more about dog grooming and our staffs’ caregiver qualifications to ease any concerns you might still have.